Sunday, November 25, 2012

Reality can be beaten . . . a new favorite . . .

Well, yes, you're right, I DO have a new favorite fairly often, but this
particular favorite is a first with me . . .

It's the first time a sentiment stamp has ever made it to the top of my list:
Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.


Do you like the background?  It's a Gelli Plate monoprint.  If you've made
monotypes, you know you can't just make ONE--you end up pulling stacks of
fun papers, which are great to have on hand.  If you've never tried monotypes,  
Blockheads has the Gelli Plates on sale right now.

Stamp sets?  Used Seashells and Round Frame, Whimsical Faerie Wings
and Verses, Full Sheet --that's where the new favorite stamp can be found.

Here's a little tip--VersaFine ink works great on the acrylic paints used in the
monoprint.  I tried another ink first, and it looked great initially, but then bled
and got fuzzy.

Happy Sunday, everyone!
:)





14 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Another fabulous print Trisha in gorgeous colours. Your sentiment is great I can see why it's become a favourite.
I am away on a winter break, never done it before, but enjoying some sunshine.
Take care.
Hugs Brenda xox

Anonymous said...

This would be lovely as a piece of wall art.
Beautiful, gentle colours.
Wishes
Lynne

Unknown said...

Oh Trisha what a beautiful sentiment and beautifully stamped , I love your style and so I am your newest follower

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is lovely; yes, would be great as a wall hanging. Love the sentiment,

Lucy x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Perfectly said sentiment...what a fun piece! Definitely one for the cork board to see often!

Unknown said...

Hello Trisha thank you so much for visiting and I am so delighted you are following too , thank you big hugs Elaine

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

This is gorgeous Trisha!!! This is definitely a great sentiment! :)

2amscrapper said...

This looks fantastic! I would love that sentiment stamp as well!

Marjie Kemper said...

I can see how that would easily become a favorite! Love the sentiment and the stamping.

Donna said...

I love the little sea horses! They are just adorable!

Redanne said...

I have seen the Gelli Plates demonstrated but was not sure. Your background looks amazing and that seahorse stamp has just shot to the top of my 'must have' list, I just love it and love this whole piece. Hugs, Anne x

Terry said...

Wonderful print and I love what you did with the background! Oh and I can see why that sentiment would make it to the top of your list! Have a great day!

Alexa said...

Thank you for the inking tip - really helpful. I've got a gelli but have only had chance to use it once so far but I LOVED IT!! Your background is amazing so I need to do some research!! I love those seahorses too ... in fact the whole thing is WOW! x

Michele said...

oh this is TOTALLY beautiful. and a nice sentiment indeed. xo