Thursday, November 15, 2012

finally time for show and tell!

Okay, it's not rocket science, but I really like this simple gift I made
a while back.  Today I'm so happy to be able to share it with you, here
for Altered Arts Magazine, and also as my latest
article/tutorial at Unruly Paper Arts!

 This is a folder with a ribbon tie, which opens to reveal the 

 set of handmade notecards and detailed envelopes inside.
(Gotta love that bicycle on the envie, it's from the
Blockheads Victorian Invention set.

Here are the notecards--the idea was to keep the whole process 
fairly simple, in order to make multiple sets for holiday gift giving.
My friend Rhonda gave me a notecard set in a similar style folder
years ago, and I thought it was a delightful gift. 

Used stamps from these sets: Victorian Invention, Architecture, Stargazer,
and Grunge Collages, and Distress Inks in Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo,
Tattered Rose, and Tea Dye.  Plus crayons around the edges, of course!!  :)

I'd love to hear what you think--and don't forget, if you'd like a tutorial on how
to make some of these gift sets, there are directions at Unruly Paper Arts.  


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was worth coming back to look at from the WOYWW post. Have always thought these little sets would be good to make but haven't got thre yet. Really will have to get a journal made as this is the third thing this week I have wanted to put on next years today list. From one Tricia to another.

Brenda Brown said...

Woo hoo congrats my friend what a fabulous project for AA magazine and UPA. I just love this and think I will be making some of these at some point. Love the colours, stamps, design, yes everything
hugs {brenda} xox

Lucy Edmondson said...

How gorgeous! What a wonderful gift. Off to see you on Unruly,

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

A perfect gift. Beautifully designed.
I think people appreciate notecards so much because they are useful, it isn't that whole art for art's sake situation!!!
Wishes
Lynne

trisha too said...

And you know, it's not as if I don't make stuff all the time, but I LOVE it when my friends give me notecards that they've made!

They're just so much more fun to use and receive than store bought.

:)

ddazzled71 said...

This set is just gorgeous Trisha and definitely is a wonderful gift idea for Christmas for those who have everything! I really love the images/colors! xx

2amscrapper said...

what a fabulous gift! great idea!

Unknown said...

These are wonderful stamps and a fab colour pallet to create a wonderful gift ;0) Dxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful project, looks really fab.

Leslie said...

Love this set, Trisha! You know I'm all about note cards!! These are great!
Hugs,
Leslie

Karen McAlpine said...

Love the inks you used to stamp...so pretty and soft. Great folder..going to check out the instructions now. Beautiful, Trisha!

Electra said...

I just have to tell you how lovely and unique I think this is! And thanks for your kind comment on my blog, Trisha. Good luck in the giveaway!!
hugs,
Electra

Rushd Lady said...

Rhonda's a great gal! Nice card set! Love the vintage look of your projects. I wanna do!

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

Beautiful gift - lucky person who received it!!!

Unknown said...

Stunning gift set, indeed.
I wanted to thank you for stopping by my "Clothes Pin" blog post.
Have a wonderful Holiday week.
Michele

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a fabulous design...love the pockets inside! The embossing and neutral palette is wonderful! Just a gorgeous make!

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Beautiful, going to go look at the tutorial now. Such a lovely gift idea,too.