Friday, October 01, 2010

teeny tiny triptychs



Oh my gosh, I "opened" my new e-issue of Altered
Arts
magazine--totally forgot about the teeny tiny
triptychs I had submitted for publication!

(Pardon me while I do a little happy dance. And
be thankful you can't see me--my dancing is somewhat,
ahem, well, not good.)

Made these for a kit at Altered Pages in mind,
but was so pleased with the way they turned out,
submitted them at Altered Arts instead.

After they were accepted (thank you, Altered Arts!),
I made a new one for the Everything Inchies Kit
at Altered Pages. It's not available at this time,
but if you're interested, I'll just bet if you ask
Jackie real sweet like, she'll fix you up.



Inchies is one of the challenges right now
at Gingersnap Creations--I'm hoping to have
a little time tomorrow to make a few, or maybe
incorporate the ones I have into a new project.

Maybe another teeny tiny triptych? If YOU make
one, comment me the link--I'd love to see!!

Happy Weekend, everyone!

:)

*************************
Just a little update--Lucy asked if these were
an actual inch, but they are a bit of a cheat,
as the arch extends about 1/2 inch above the
inchie.

19 comments:

Jingle said...

These are so adorable! What a fantastic idea!

Terry said...

Happy Dance Away! Congratulations!!! Love what you did with these!!

2amscrapper said...

Congratulations! These are gorgeous!

Netty said...

Congratulations they are so pretty.

Marianne said...

Congrats on being published. I love Altered Arts Mag. I think I have all the issues.
thanks for visiting my blog.
The cards you aked about are 4x4 pages for a "chunky book" swap.

Marianne said...

Congrats on being published. I love Altered Arts Mag. I think I have all the issues.
thanks for visiting my blog.
The cards you aked about are 4x4 pages for a "chunky book" swap.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wowza, these are gorgeous, gorgeous, and MORE gorgeous!!! Love 'em! Congrats on the pub! :)

Lucy Edmondson said...

These are beautiful! Not surprised they published them. Tell me, are the images one inch or the actual arch shapes?

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being published. Not surprised cos these are gorgous. I made a tinchy inchie hanging with my inchies. xx

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Super! What a thrill to find your very own sweet skills in the covers of a publication. Congratulations!

Suzie said...

Truly awesome, and congratulations on being published, keep up the happy dance.

Janski48 said...

Love these!! And congrats on being published. Are they in the Summer 2010 issue?

trisha too said...

Thank you, everyone!!

And Jan, they're in the Fall 2010;
just got mine via e-mail last week, but I'm not sure if it's available on their website yet?

Michele said...

these are really lovely. congrats on being published! xo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! These are absolutely beautiful!

Jan Hennings said...

So beautiful and congrats on the publication!

Melisa Waldorf said...

These are so stinkin' cute!!! Wow, all that detail in such a small space. I have never seen "Altered Arts" at the places I by magazines. Hmmm, I have to find this one. So glad I stopped by today. Off to check out Altered Pages!! Have a blessed day!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Ok chick, I'm back. I am very excited to see that I can actually subscribe to in online. But I'm wondering what the quality is. Anyway, Congrats to you!!! This is a fabulous project! And I can't wait to see what you come up with next (I just subscribed via feedblitz). Have a creative week!!

Cameron said...

Congrats to you! It's very exciting, indeed, to see your creations in print!!!

Someday....I hope to do a Happy Dance, too :)

Well done!