Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hey, I thought it was funny!

It's pretty common knowledge amongst my friends,
both real and imaginary, that I'm not really a
card maker. It's not that I don't like making
cards, it's just that, when trying to make a
card, my brain rebels, freezes up, cuts off the
blood flow to anything remotely resembling
creative, and the results are (ahem) less than
satisfactory.

Unless I'm at Rhonda's, and she's very patiently
explaining what to do next, I pretty much avoid
the whole card thing.

But last year (seriously, it was a long time ago),
I made a card for a challenge. It looked pretty
good, for me, I thought, so I stuck it on the art
room wall.


See? Not so bad, right?

Then another friend told me about a magazine
where she routinely submits her cards for
publication, and I figured, "Why not?"



You can even see the corner of my card
on the cover pic! And in the inside, on
the flyleaf, AND in the Thank You card section.
I'd never seen an issue of Just Cards before--
it's got a good variety of styles.

Anyway, I thought the whole thing was pretty
funny, and a nice surprise.

(Julie, don't even pretend you aren't reading
this--D and Karen are in here, too. How funny
is that??)

24 comments:

Terry said...

It is a fine card!! Love your story!!!!

trisha too said...

Thanks, Terry--I'm still shaking my head and smiling over the whole thing!!

:)

Lynn Stevens said...

Well look at You!!! Wooooo Hoooooo
Way to go and you didn't think you could make cards, A Big CONGRATS!!
Now we all expect to see more of your wonderful cards!Its Beautiful!

Terry said...

Yes, we are our worse critics! I think that is what pushes us! Now like Lynn said, we need more Trisha cards!

Christine said...

Wow! Congratulations. This is such great news!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Lori said...

Congrats to you, Trisha Too! Sorry, I couldn't help it. That is pretty humorous, although it is a GORGEOUS card, even for a non card maker, lol! That is a great mag, too, lots of inspiration. Yay you!

Miss Jaster said...

LOL! That's awesome!

Jana said...

Lovely card. Congrats. Hey, when you got it, you got it. Way to go.

Anonymous said...

No, I'm not really reading your blog at all! LOL
Great card, better than anything I would do. Julie (in Alaska)

Jean Franks Beck said...

Okay, let's be serious now.... you are most definitely a card maker! It's gorgeous, and very deserving of publication!!! If that's what you make when your brain freezes up, I can't wait to see what you do when you thaw, LOL!! Congrats! Beautifully done!

Rhonda Langley said...

Lovely card! I knew you could make beautiful cards all by yourself!

Well I basically have the same difficulty with canvas or ATC cards or if I try to make a collage of any kind. My brain freezes, my fingers go numb and I must eat chocolate!

Cameron said...

Well, Congrats are definately in order!!
That is so totally cool!

Unknown said...

How wonderful congrats hunny

Love Dawn xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Congrats and well done on being published..tis a lovely card indeed...you should make more! Hels x

BumbleBee Bagz said...

I dont know why you dont do cards...all your stuff if gorgeous!!

Marina said...

Congratulations Trisha!
This card is gorgeous and I love it!

Hugs,
Marina

joanne wardle said...

great card, congrats on getting it published

Sam Harvey said...

you are so a big card maker! thank you for your lovely comment on sam harvey! have a great friday. i follow you now lady...

Rushd Lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tipper said...

Well thats a nice how de do! Congrats-the card is beautiful-and I believe you must have a hidden talent for card making-only hidden to you though : )

Mina said...

wwwooooohhhhoooo way to go Trish how fantastic is that...and even better that you didnt think it was worthy of it...they obviously thought it was fabulous too

Shana Dilldine said...

BIG c ongrats to U!!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Yay!!
Congratulations!!
See there, you are more artistic than you thought.

Contessa Kris said...

Quit saying you're a non-card maker. So am I. You make beautiful cards. Just think of them as mini canvases or mixed media projects. Congrats on the mag entry. Proud of you.