Thursday, January 22, 2015

more prints--getting ready to make Valentines!

Had another little printing party today, making up some painty and inky backgrounds to use with Valentines, and to share at the Altered Pages Artsociates blog.  Yep, used the Gelli plate again--but I have been known to monotype print on that baking sheet, too!  In my last post, I was using DecoArt Traditions paints, but this time I was using the Americana Line--I like using less expensive paints for papers that are going to be backgrounds.  I could definitely tell the difference in the details, but the results were still great, and it's always good art therapy to pull a bunch of prints.
collage page from Altered Pages
I REALLY like the doily, such nice details.  Now I need to actually MAKE the Valentines . . .

By the way, Altered Pages is teaming with DecoArt this month--if you go to the Artsociates post, and share it on social media (fb, pinterest, google+), be sure to leave a comment telling Miss Jean you did--she'll put your name in the draw for $35 of DecoArt products, plus a very helpful brayer like the one I used here!

5 comments:

Krisha said...

So very PRETTY Trisha!!

okienurse said...

very nice! I will try some prints later today. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! The details on the doily are fabulous! And since it is a print you don't have to worry about if it is glued down well and/or catching the edges on things.

sandra de said...

Hello Trish, thanks for dropping by and saying hello on a Tuesday. Isn't it great to just be using up all the stuff we have. This year I am going to try to use it all and reap the rewards in 2016.
sandra de @47

Rushd Lady said...

Paper doily? Pretty. Perhaps one of these years I'll try my hand at gelli printing. That is if I can find my desk surface again. LOL!