Thursday, September 05, 2013

keeping it flat . . .

You know what?  Once you get used to embellishing atcs, it's hard to keep them
flat!  I've been working on making atcs that are easily mailed, which means steering
clear of the bulky embellishments.  Here are three I'd like to share with you today
for Altered Arts Magazine:

These clearly aren't a set, but there are different elements about each one I really like.
subtle touches
this one is just fun
REALLY like this background, and c'mon, it's a penguin!!!  :)
The background on the middle Mickey Rooney atc is mixed media collage,
but the penguin has added stamping with found objects, which is always a good
time.

So is it just me?  Or is it hard for you to keep your atcs flat, too?

Anyway, why not join in some challenge fun:
Aud Sentiments--any sentiment.  (Hello, Pal!)
Crafter's Cafe--humorous.  (Am I the only one thinking Hello Pal! is funny?)
Fab n' Funky--complementary colors (Mr. Penguin's blue and orange)
Frilly and Funkie--anything goes.  I guess that could be any of them, but that
butterfly in the center of the first one came from f&f, so . . .

There are plenty more great challenges out there, so if you need some inspiration,
you may want to check out Paper Playful for a little kick in the creative pants.  :)

13 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

FUN!!! Great atc's! Love the colors and images!

trisha too said...

Thank you, Anita! I need to get a good round of blog visiting in, haven't been by to see you for a while!

:)

Angelique said...

Wonderful ATC's. Love the style
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Lucy Edmondson said...

These are such fun, Trisha,

Lucy x

Cathy L. Calamas said...

I'm thinking it's hysterical!! Fun ATC's. I've been making some ATC's myself this week. It's been a nice change of pace.

Brenda Brown said...

Great ATCs Trisha, it's hard for me to keep anything flat lol.
Have a lovely weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Ann said...

these are great!!!!
it is hard keeping them flat!

Ginny said...

fab ATC, thanks for joining us at FnF:)

Shelly Schmidt said...

I have been making a few ATC's myself- with my first ever hand carved stamps! Saw your ATC's on Pintrest, so had to come and see them closer up- All Awesome!!!

2amscrapper said...

saw these on FB. love them, especially that guy in the middle

ionabunny said...

These are gorgeous and I love the penguin. What great colours. ATC's are such fun

Billie A said...

I love ATC's I use to be in a club and loved making little pieces of art. Your ATC's are so darling. I love your work and yes it is hard to make them flat but it can be done. Great cards. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our any sentiment challenge.

Billie A http://stampinwithinkonmyfingers.blogspot.com/

Pat K said...

Great ATC's. Love the penquin!
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x