Monday, August 17, 2009

serendipity mixed media collage background tutorial for atcs, inchies, twinchies, etc . . .

Serendipity style mixed media collage background tutorial


First, dig into your stash of collage papers or recycling
bin, get a nice weight piece of paper for the base, and
grab your favorite adhesive.


Now, randomly glue paper/collage scraps all over the
base paper.


ALL over it! At this point, you could just cut this up
and use it for backgrounds as it is, but I like to add
acrylic paint . . .


. . . by dripping it all over the paper and


smearing it all over with my hands, making sure the paint
is thin enough to see through.

You could stop here again, OR add some more paint prints--
see the next tutorial on printing with found objects!

3 comments:

trisha too said...

this is one of my FAVORITES!!!

it's very much art therapy.

CherB said...

I love your expressions and fun way of doing your pieces. hope you can sometime share a guest writing on my group Craftcycle Natural Crafting and you can post your link to here with your piece.

I love articles on repurposing items and being creative with whats available. On fridays people can post items or to do commissions. (Ad Fridays. I subscribed to your newsletter on "My Yahoo"...Thanks for sharing!

日月神教-向左使 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.