Saturday, March 19, 2011

life atc

This week has been too busy for my taste. Too
much going on, and not enough down time, even
today. Seriously in need of a little art therapy,
I stole a few minutes in the art room, and made
this atc--



Does anyone still use twinkling H2Os? Those shimmery
watercolor paints--ohhhh, I DO like those. I wish you
could hold this in your hands and see the iridescence
of the citrine, turquoise, and amethyst! And the image's
Mona Lisa type smile (she's from Altered Pages) is a nice
accompaniment to the text. A little gold German scrap,
inked edges, and metallic crayon finish off this atc.
Simple, maybe, but just the bit of "go make something"
I needed today!

Citrine, turquoise, and amethyst may be considered semi-
precious gems, but they're some of my favorites, and
still appropriate for the Gingersnap Creations Jewel
Colors Plus Gold challenge
.

Now back to "real life." Whatever that means . . .

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet ATC...I have some H2Os but only used a couple of times...

Rushd Lady said...

Love your atc.

Rushd Lady said...

By the way, I found a new-to-me mag at Wallie-world today called Flea Market Style. Have ya seen it? I think that's my house-decorating style! :)

Beverly Sager said...

It think this is lovely, and I love the color combination! I've drooled over the twinkling H2Os ever since they came out, but alas, no extra funds for such a splurge. But SkyBluePink.com has a "Niji Pearlescent Watercolor" paint set, you know with the little round dry paint discs. Only $6 for 21 colors - a decent inexpensive alternative. Love them! BeBe

Lynn Stevens said...

So glad you found some time to play today, Art therapy is a must! I bet the shimmer IRL is beautiful, if anyone could find a way to make it show up on screen that would be awesome.
Beautiful Trisha, heres hoping for a better week.

Michele said...

this is very very pretty! glad you got some art time! xo

Esther said...

I still love my H2Os..and can totally realte to your busy week having had severalof those lately! Glad you had time for few moments of art...this is a lovely ATC..Esther xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. And Yep, got some H2Os and just LOVE them. xx

Debi said...

I know the feeling Trish :) lovely ATC you managed to create in a stolen crafty moment :)

Karen Denson said...

Hi Trisha,
You were on my blog a while back and wanted to know what I used on the mirror on one of the cards. It is from Paper Whimsy and it is La Luna. When you order you get 6,3 with pin-backs and 3 without. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I thought it was from one of the places that went out of business.
Stampollage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Fab ATC! Great use of the jewel colors! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations challenge!

Beverly Sager said...

Trisha, I've tried to find your email address to no avail - just wanted to thank you for visiting my fledgling blog and for leaving a comment. BeBe

trisha too said...

Hey, BeBe! It's trishatoo@hotmail.com
i'm outta town right now, so will visit everyone when we return!

2amscrapper said...

This turned out lovely.

Gerri Herbst said...

I was meandering around your blog and saw this piece which caught my eye, cause it was so striking.When I read it was twinkling H20 I laughed cause today I used them for the first time! I adore them. Youll see my altered tin I used them on at the end of the week. take care dear Ginger, gerri