Monday, September 27, 2010

I can hear you.

The teacher opens her book, preparing for the next class.

From the hallway, she hears lockers closing, and a harshly
whispered
"You wanna skip second period?"
"What?"
"You know, skip second period!"
"Sure. I guess. What's second period?"

From the hallway, now there is nothing but silence. Then,
a stifled giggle.

The teacher puts her head on her desk and sighs.

"You know I can hear you, right?" she asks. "Did
you forget you're HOMESCHOOLED???"

(This happened today. We really do have lockers in
the hallway, and my kids really did try to skip class.
They think they're soooooooo funny!)

5 comments:

Terry said...

Too funny! I heard one of my daughter's friends (many moons ago) say something, while I was speaking with my daughter on the phone. I repeated it and her friend said, "how did she hear that." My daughter knew I had super hearing! Have a great evening!

Rushd Lady said...

Drats! Here I thought I was getting a story on you skipping class at GHS, not your children! *smile* So did they get to weasel out of class?
For a long time, Josh really believed that I had an extra pair of eyes in the back of my head too, under my hair, sneaking peeks at him. Do you have those too? :)

trisha too said...

Heck no, they didn't weasel out of class!

Oh, they don't think I have eyes in the back of my head, but they still think I can read their minds.

Jana said...

This is hilarious. I love your kids.

Contessa Kris said...

Thanks for the laugh. They just love being funny, don't they?

P.S. I heard about the baby bunnies. Congrats, grandma. :)