Thursday, October 02, 2008

what do you think about when you're tripping?

So, I was taking a little run (please bear in mind that
when I say "run," it actually means, "barely jogging")
around the Path we've kind of made up around our yard.
It's a pretty big yard, and no one can see me, and
that's a very good thing, especially when I'm out in
pink long john pjs and hiking boots.

Anyway, I tripped on a root, and for the whole maybe
2-3 seconds I was stumbling, arms flailing wildly,
attempting to regain balance, what was going through
my brain?

Was it, "Those rocks are going to break my jaw."

No.

Was it, "No one will miss me until they want food."

No.

It was, in fact,
"OH MY GOSH, I'm making JAZZ HANDS!"



Thanks a lot, Lola, for making me laugh even with the
imminent danger of having
rocks permanently embedded into my face!
(You should probably go visit Lola's post, if you care to
have clue what the heck is so funny . . . but I AM easily
amused! ;)

4 comments:

Rhonda Langley said...

Whenever I have tripped my first thought is ,"I hope no one is looking." Just wanted you to know I visited Lola's site and DS#2 loves her "Save the stick figures!"campaign. It is his kind of humor!!!!!

trisha too said...

Yep, that sounds like him!

And I probably would have been thinking that, but in the back field, there's only me, and the birds, and the occasional turtle.

Sometimes a lurking deer or bunny.

Jana Nielson said...

Yeah for Jazz hands!!! The stick people are right!!!

Glad some people "get" me!

Mrs Jelly said...

I didn't realise it wasn't the done thing to let people see you in pink PJ's and hiking boots.
Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways!
(found you through Lola)
xx
(PS - the word verification thingummy I have to type in to leave this comment is : ingly.
I like it. I might try to use it in a sentence)