Thursday, February 24, 2011

Titania



She's a little disgusted at being referred to as
a mere garden fairy, but she'll let it go this
time . . . she's holding a rolled up script of
"A Midsummer Night's Dream" in one hand and a
butterfly topped, bejeweled scepter in the other
to smack us upside the head and remind us of who
she REALLY is!

The collage images are Altered Pages and my
daughter's hand--she's so funny. I said "Hey,
I need to take a picture of your hand."

All she said was, "Okay." Didn't ask why, no
comment, nothing. They're just used to me
and my strange requests by now!

What was really fun was toasting the chiffon
petals for the skirt. I've been trying new
techniques, and had been wanting to give that
one a go.

Anyway, this is the latest layout in my garden
book, and the Queen of the Fairies wants to
play in the Gingersnap Creations Kings and
Queens challenge
.

Can anyone tell me why my pics are so small?
I clicked the "large" in the upload images
section, and this is a pretty big image to
start with, but it's not even enlarging much
when you click on it. The "click-and-get-
bigger-trick" still works on pics in my other
posts . . . hmmmm.

Enlighten me, please!!



Okay, fine, I just couldn't quit messing with
it--cropped it down to this, and blogger seems
to think this a bit more acceptable. *sigh*

I am still open to enlightenment--all you have
to offer . . . let it shine, let it shine!

**** Update--Yes, yes, yes, I already freely admitted
that I really don't know what I'm doing--after the first
click-to-get-bigger-trick, you just have to click AGAIN!!
Good one . . . on me . . . again! ****

24 comments:

Michele said...

this is amazing. it is so intricate and delicate at the same time. i think titania should be pleased! xo

Cameron said...

Yes, the 2nd pic allowed me to click and enlarge and see all the wonderful details! Beautiful, Trish!!

Laura Evangeline said...

This is so pretty!

Karen Denson said...

This is so beautiful! I love the detail in the fairy, and tell your daughter her hand is beautiful too.

Karen Denson said...

Trisha,
Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. I hope you try the technique. If you do, I would love to see what you do with it. Your work is so beautiful.

Hazel said...

Beautiful crafting you have here. Thank you for linking for my celebration blog candy. x

Sharon said...

Thanks Trisha for your nice comment on my "King" tag for the Gingersnap challenge.

Your Titania is just amazing-lots of dimension yet so delicate too!

Sharon
aka Celticrafter

Shelley said...

This is wonderful! So funny about your daughters hand, lol, I mean her non reaction, well, you know what I'm trying to say.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

ohhhhhhhh GF, luv your artful mind! This is such a cool piece, you are delightfully creaitive. Thanks so much for helping me find you, I am going to scroll down and see more! hugz

Lynn Stevens said...

Very kewl Trish, glad you were able to show the pic larger. I don't know how you could get it any larger, maybe has something to do with the height?

Art Chick said...

I can't even tell you how much I love this! So delicate and ethereal and so much detail. It's gorgeous!

Joanna said...

She really is very beautiful. Toasted chiffon petals?!

I'm able to click on the first picture too to enlarge......

xxx

Anonymous said...

Stunning artwork Trisha! x

trisha too said...

Yep, toasted, Joanna!

(Well, melted over a candle, but that's kind of the same thing.)
;)

Michele Oliver said...

This beautiful work. Love all the details

Jen said...

Beautifully done!! Thanks for the kind comment on my card :)

Julie B. said...

This is very cool. I love the colors and the detail work. - and all the layers.

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is amazing! i absolutely love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog - i've met so many wonderful crafters from gabycreates - its great!
Vicki

Jana said...

Your Queen is beautiful. Even if she's going to smack me upside my head. LOL. I love that your daughter accepts your requests without skipping a beat. Too funny.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A queen in your hand, that's a wonderful idea.

Rhonda Langley said...

She's loverly! Love the butterfly wings and her scepter looks vaguely familiar. . .

Yoli said...

This is quite lovely! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I am now a new follower. You do some great things. :-)

Melodie said...

I just found your blog from GingerSnap Creations, and had to tell you that I love what you do with the books!

Trish said...

Fabulous!