Friday, December 10, 2010

baseball card Christmas ornaments.

No, I did NOT use real cards; that would have
been silly. Not to mention expensinve! The
husband wanted to decorate a tree at our store,
and asked me to make some ornaments.


Babe Ruth is the "star" on the top.


This is Frank Chance, very popular in his
day, a T205 ("T" means tobacco card, by the
way). These were originally printed in 1909,
I think.


And this is Lefty O'Doul, on his 1933
Goudey bubble gum card.

These are very simple, but they were fun to
make, and they made my honey happy!

:)

5 comments:

Joanna said...

These are fun, love the vintage images with their Christmas 'bling'!

x

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Way to shine!

Rhonda Langley said...

These are a hoot! Definitely one of a kind creations! Who would have ever pictured Babe Ruth surrounded by tinsel & glitter?

Dawn said...

I borrowed your idea and made a vintage hockey card for my son (looks pretty cool on the tree). And, if I can get my crazy colour printer to work, I may just make some more! Thanks for the idea.
~ Dawn.

Jana said...

These are great. I'll have to remember this for next Christmas. I'll bet my DH would love some football ornaments.