Monday, April 14, 2008

ugh

Right in the midst of the annual end of the school year, feel like a loser, didn't do enough, my children will be academic idiots, it's all my fault, we'll be doing algebra all summer, blah blah blah, etc., ad nauseum . . .

really, this happens every year, and you'd think I'd see it coming, but noooooo, it hits me like a something really heavy upside the head. Sheesh. The aforementioned hormone issue (posted below) probably doesn't help, but I digress.

ugh.

Last night, we watched a PBS thing about people who are doing various animal studies, which in all fairness was interesting (because I AM that nerdy). But honestly, when faced (once again) with the "What's the point of it all? What's the meaning of life?" question, I feel confident in saying, that at least for me, it is NOT having over 4000 hours of prairie grouse calls on tape . . . and oddly, that was enough consolation for the moment.

one last ugh for good measure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I treasure every idiot moment of my homeschooling years. Your kids are awsome, remember, I've met them. Hugs, Julie

Contessa Kris said...

Oh, I'm right there with you. Ugh Ugh Ugh.