Saturday, April 18, 2015

a cup of tea to go . . .


 I drink a lot of tea.

Seriously, a LOT of tea.  I won't bore you with details.  Let's just say that pretty little teacup in the background photo is WAY too small . . .

Anyway, here is a simple tea caddy for my bag, using the cutest Leaky Shed Studio teapot, all crackled up with DecoArt Media paints, Crackle Glaze, and Antiquing Creme.
Yes, I'm a little addicted to the crackle finish--but c'mon, it's perfect for a teapot, right?

Nice deep pockets inside to hold my portable stash . . . and lots of bright spring colors for a quick non-caffeinated pick-me-up! 

Plus, inked up this new butterfly from Lost Coast Designs--love it!

It's shaping up to be a lovely spring here, everything is blooming like crazy--have a wonderful Saturday, everyone!  :)

8 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Trisha I belong to a closed FB group, Coffee Loving Papercrafters. But it includes tea and hot chocolate lovers! We're gearing up for another blog hop in June--lots of sponsor prizes and everyone posts their makes on their blogs so we can visit eachother. I love this teapot and your make! That crackle is amazing.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I'm with you on the crackle finish - teacup or no. Love it!

Rebecca said...

Oh thats lovely!

Nikki W said...

What a great idea to make a portable tea caddy - love it. The addition of the butterfly is just perfect :) Thanks for sharing with us at Lost Coast Designs

Michele said...

absolutely lovely Trisha! xo

Jackie PN said...

Beautiful Trisha!! Love that finish! And your little holder for your stash!! ")

ionabunny said...

This is great. I love tea as well. Fun post. Have a great day. Hugz

Shelly Schmidt said...

I drink alot of tea as well- loving this awesome project. I love the designs of the insert- love the colors and the butterfly is fabulous!