Friday, December 07, 2007

Chervil in Kansas City

My DH and I really like Bernaise sauce. Yes, it may very
well be a heart attack and new hips waiting to happen, but
really, it is so delicious! Ever since devouring it madly for
the first time almost a year ago (that would be at
Chris and Dawn's lovely wedding. Beautiful reception,
fantastic food, Happy Anniversary!!), I keep thinking,
"I'll surprise DH and whip up a batch." But YOU try
and find chervil in this midwestern town! NONE of the
major grocery chains carry it. For cryin' out loud, if it's
in the Betty Crocker, it's got to be pretty basic, yes?
Everyone has tarragon, even WAL-MART had white
peppercorns, but chervil? Nope. Nobody.

Really, it would make a lovely dish for Christmas, so you
know the saying, "you can find anything on ebay!"

Yep, that's right, I just bought chervil on ebay. Works for
me. Saved driving around, blank stares from befuddled
clerks ("How do you spell that??"), and just a general
frustration best avoided during the holyday season.

This tops off a fine cookie day. Ahh, cookie day.

That's a whole 'nother post . . .

No comments: